Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

And what a day it's been....

It started off great!  I started the crockpot cornbeef and cabbage (a little unconventional, but more practical than boiling for 3 hours after I got home tonight...) before I left, then I brought Brendan to day care (it was green T-shirt and jeans day), and he was the first one there at 7:20 to start the day.  His teacher, Miss Stacy took him immediately to snuggle.  I just love her!  She's just filling in while they find some other teachers, and her last day is Friday.  It's not going to be a fun day, I can tell already.

Daddy decided that he would be the brave one to pick up Bren today and bring him to his 4 month check up and shots.  He weighed in at 12 lb 10 oz (hard to believe that not too long ago, we brought him home for the first time at 5 lb 4 oz!).  Super!  Still a little guy (3rd%ile for height) but he gained on his weight curve (up from 5th %ile to 15%ile!) and his head is still ginormous at the 75%ile.  Then he decided to scream bloody murder for a while.  The doctor even came in a little early to make sure that everything was OK because she could hear him from outside!  Poor Mike!  Then, he decided to have the mother of all bowel movements, and of course, since Mike picked him up at daycare and brought him straight to the pediatricians, he didn't have the diaper bag, change of clothes, etc.  He pooped everything.  Except his bib.  So, he got his shots (apparently the best part of the visit per Mike) and went home with just a bib on and his jeans. 


Then, he took a long nap and gave Daddy some time to finish up work!  So, by the time I got home, everything was fine :)

I made a few loaves of soda bread last night--one for us, one for our neighbors downstairs (Scott and Donna, who were so helpful when Brendan was born), and one for work.  I labeled the bread at work as "soda bread:  Secret Sullivan family recipe" :)  I can't tell you how many people commented on how tasty the bread was!  The loaf was gone quickly!!!  I couldn't help but think of Mom S. and how she always baked multiple soda breads for everyone--I'm pretty sure she's helping me out which is why they are so very tasty.

We, in other news, are eagerly awaiting the birth of Brendan's new cousin (boy, named to be determined...).  Steph's getting induced on Monday if he's not here by then...yay!  Can't wait to meet the little guy!!

Gotta eat the corned beef now....if it tastes half as good as it looks, we're all in for a real treat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment